Monday, January 12, 2015

Fire Tongue Character Art

Brr, it sure is cold in Colorado today. If only I could have cuddled up with a cup of coffee and a book today, but alas, all the animals on this farm needed to be cared for. I’ve got a strained relationship with the farmer lifestyle. On one hand, I love getting outside and working with the animals and feeling truly alive. On the other hand, there are some days where I just want to be a hermit and disappear into worlds that are not my own, and that’s not easy to do when you’ve got a cat and horses and chickens and goats all crying for your attention.

After finishing a manuscript I always like to reward myself with a little something, and that little something is usually commissioned character art. My commission for a portrait of  Fia Harington, the main character, was finished yesterday. I am so incredibly thrilled with how it turned out, and I will absolutely be commissioning the artist again in the future. Her name is Dascia, and you can reach her on deviantart here and on Tumblr here. Her commissions are done quickly and efficiently, and she's taking requests until January 31st. I absolutely recommend you check out her art work.

Alright, here is the beautiful photo that I simply cannot gush about enough:


AH! Isn't she beautiful? Sure, I may be a little biased, but I think she looks absolutely stunning. Those flames in the background give it a flawless finish. Dascia, you are amazing. Thank you again!

I started reading Across the Universe last night, so hopefully I'll have a little review up in the next few days. Until then, see ya!

-Natalia

No comments:

Post a Comment

.post-body img, .post-body .tr-caption-container, .Profile img, .Image img, .BlogList .item-thumbnail img { padding: 0 !important; border: none !important; background: none !important; -moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px transparent !important; -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px transparent !important; box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px transparent !important; }